Hello and welcome to my website. I am pleased to offer inspiration, information and resources for those interested in education. We will be adding content, over time, and hope that you will find this site useful and easy to navigate. Soon, some of my writing, television and radio work will also be found here – you may wish to read my published articles, view my ‘Writer’s Notebook’ TV clips with your students or listen to a radio podcast.
I founded Lisa K Connections in 2003 with a mission to:
• provide high quality teacher professional development services
• inspire and encourage teachers to continually improve their professional knowledge and skills
• improve the quality of teaching and learning practices in schools, therefore improving student outcomes
• model and demonstrate effective teaching and learning practices
• focus on whole school approaches to school improvement
• continually evaluate and improve the services provided
• work with joy and kindness and to enjoy the ride!
Since then, Lisa K Connections has opened many opportunities and pathways for me to explore. I have been fortunate to work with thousands of teachers and students in Australia, America and beyond. Working together with so many diverse and talented people has enriched my work beyond measure. I am inspired by the strengths, creativity and potential of students everywhere. My greatest wish is for all educators to deeply understand how authentic literacy practices powerfully strengthen connectedness and wellbeing in schools.
Feel free to contact me with any feedback, questions or suggestions.