Lisa Keskinen is a motivating speaker and experienced education consultant. She has a strong background in effective classroom teaching. Lisa has worked as a school literacy leader in Melbourne, Australia and as a literacy consultant in New York and New Jersey, USA. She works extensively with schools to improve literacy teaching and learning practices.
Lisa is inspired by the strengths, creativity and potential of students and teachers everywhere. Her greatest wish is for all educators to deeply understand how authentic literacy practices powerfully strengthen connectedness and wellbeing in schools.
Lisa founded Lisa K Connections in 2003 with a vision to:
• provide high quality teacher professional development services
• inspire and encourage teachers to continually improve and develop their professional knowledge and skills
• improve the quality of teaching and learning practices in schools, therefore improving student outcomes
• model and demonstrate effective teaching and learning practices
• focus on whole school approaches to school improvement
• continually evaluate and improve the services provided
• work with joy and kindness
• enjoy the ride!
Since then, Lisa has enjoyed working with thousands of teachers and students in Australia, America and beyond. Lisa wrote and produced her own television program series, ‘Writer’s Notebook’, promoting and celebrating authentic writing. Lisa also co-hosted a weekly radio program, ‘Stories, Songs and People’s Voices’, on Melbourne’s 88.3 Southern FM. She has written professional papers, poems and stories, including ‘As Hours Dance By’, a collection of delightful audio stories for children.
Lisa has recently taken on the role of Vice President, Australian Literacy Educators’ Association (ALEA), Melbourne Local Council. She looks forward to working with the ALEA Melbourne team to advocate ‘for a rich and coherent understanding of literacy among educators, children and their families, the media, and the community at large’.
Lisa presents at conferences and events, speaking on a range of education issues. She entertains audiences with inspiring stories and anecdotes gathered during her extensive travels and career in education.
Lisa works with schools to plan and deliver high quality professional development programs that meet specific literacy needs. She generally works with schools over 6-12+ months to deliver her ‘whole school improvement process’. Lisa is also available for single bookings for special events, conferences, curriculum days, after school workshops and parent information evenings.
Keynote, Plenary and Special Presentations
Lisa will tailor a dynamic and inspiring presentation to suit your conference or event theme. She engages her audiences with inspiring stories and anecdotes gathered during her extensive travels and career in education. With the use of videos, photos and samples of student writing, Lisa brings the joys of the classroom to your conference or special event.
Whole School Improvement Services
Lisa works with schools to plan and deliver high quality professional development programs that meet specific literacy needs. For reading and writing, her ‘whole school improvement process’ is usually planned and delivered over 6-12+ months. This process usually begins with a whole staff curriculum day followed by a flexible number of consulting days. These days may include:
- classroom demonstrations
- teacher support meetings
- teacher planning meetings
- classroom observation and feedback sessions
- after school professional development sessions
- leadership meetings where Lisa provides school follow up plans and documents (such as teacher self evaluations) to ‘keep the ball rolling’ between visits
- facilitating school ‘Walk Through Celebrations’ to ensure school goals are met and to give teachers an opportunity to see other classrooms in action
Seminars and Workshops
Lisa offers her extensive knowledge on topics including:
- Reading and Writing Across the Curriculum in Secondary Schools
- Spelling and the Reading/Writing Program
- Speaking/Listening, Reading and Writing Connections
- Students Write With Passion—Multigenre Writing Projects
- The Importance of Critical Literacy in the ‘Information Age’
- Writing as Social Practice – How Writing Changes Relationships
Error: The account for needs to be reconnected.
Due to recent Instagram platform changes this Instagram account needs to be reconnected in order to continue updating. Reconnect on plugin Settings page
For enquiries regarding availability, services or pricing, use the contact form provided or call the office.
+61 3 98461866
P.O. Box 538 Templestowe 3106 Victoria